CORE (Level 1) Emergency Ultrasound Course (UK):
Dates: 1st or 2nd March 2017.
These dates are now fully booked. Please get in touch in case of cancellations. Our next course will be held on 6th and 7th June 2017. Booking for this course will be made available shortly.
Course Leads: Firas Abou-Auda & George Nada
Venue: Unit 42, St Olav's Court, 25 Lower Road, Surrey Quays, London, SE16 2XB
Our very popular one day Emergency Ultrasound course addresses the knowledge and practical skills recommended by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine as necessary to achieve competency in the four CORE (level 1) clinical applications of Emergency Ultrasound (see above). It also covers the mandatory components of ultrasound physics and good governance.
The day includes lectures on the physics of ultrasound, practical aspects of point of care ultrasound and good governance as well as on each of the core applications - FAST, AAA, ELS and vascular access. You will then get lots of hands on scanning practice in each of the CORE applications on normal and pathological subjects using the latest ultrasound machines supplied by GE Healthcare. A simulator is used to teach ultrasound guided central venous access. Our faculty of ED consultants have extensive experience in using ultrasound in the Emergency Department. Teaching in small groups they will guide you through your scans, offer useful tips on gaining the best image, and advice on maintaining your logbook beyond the course.
Core Applications in Emergency Ultrasound Course (Dubai, UAE):
Course leads: Dr George Nada and Dr Firas Abou-Auda.
Based on the IFEM ultrasound curriculum, the Emirates Society of Emergency Medicine (ESEM) recognises the following core (basic) applications of Point-of-Care Emergency Ultrasound in the Emergency Ultrasound Section of their curriculum (click here to view ESEM ultrasound curriculum). These are very similar to the UK Level 1 ultrasound competencies required of UK EM trainees and include:
- Good governance
- Introduction to ultrasound physics and knobology
- Extended Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (EFAST)
- Evaluation of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Evaluation of Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT)
- Soft-tissue/musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Procedure guidance: central vascular access
Our 1 day Core Applications in Emergency Ultrasound course addresses all of the knowledge and practical skills recommended by IFEM, ESEM and the RCEM as necessary to achieve competency in basic (level 1) Emergency Ultrasound. The day includes lectures on the theoretical and practical aspects of ultrasound, lots of teaching and scanning practice on model patients and the use of use of central venous access simulators. Our faculty of ED consultants have extensive experience in using ultrasound in the Emergency Department. Teaching in small groups they will guide you through your scans, offer useful tips on gaining the best image, and also give advice on maintaining your logbook beyond the course.
Feedback from our recent ultrasound courses
“I was really excited about this course and I was not disappointed.”
“Really useful. I definitely feel more confident.”
“Really knowledgeable and patient instructors.”
“Excellent course. Very hands on and lots of practice.”
“Wish I had done it sooner.”
“Nice to get the chance to scan patients with pathology.”
“Very very useful thanks”
Terms & Conditions
By booking onto one of our courses, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All course materials, examination practice papers and videos are the intellectual property of Bromley Emergency Courses. By booking onto a course, or purchasing materials on the website, delegates acknowledge this and agree not to copy or distribute these materials.
- Bromley Emergency Courses reserves the right to make minor alterations to the programme, speakers, or venue of any of our courses.
- Should a course be cancelled for any reason, we shall endeavour to reschedule and will refund the cost of the course in full.
- Delegates making a cancellation more than six weeks before a course will be refunded in full, less a 10% administration fee.
- Delegates making a cancellation between two and six weeks before a course will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- Delegates making a cancellation less than two weeks before a course will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, for any reason, a delegate should not feel happy with the quality of a course, or something should happen during a course, which is outside of Bromley Emergency Courses' control, that affects the quality of a course, the delegate will not be entitled to a refund.
- Bromley Emergency Courses does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of a delegate's property/personal effects whilst on a course.