Our FUSIC (Focused Ultrasound for Intensive Care) Heart and Lung course is fully approved by the Intensive Care Society.
Attendance on an approved course is mandatory for sign-off by the Intensive Care Society.
Our one day course will cover:
- Basic ultrasound physics, machine controls, basic views and image optimisation
- Background to FUSIC Heart and FUSIC Lung
- Scanning the heart from the PLAX, PSAX, A4C and subcostal windows
- Recognition of the heart anatomy and pathology
- IVC, pericardial and pleural fluid
- Point-of-care lung ultrasound examination and recognition of pulmonary pathology
- how to get FUSIC Heart and FUSIC Lung sign-off; accreditation beyond FUSIC
We offer lots of scanning practice as in addition to group work there are a number of other devices available to use, including hand-held devices and Heartworks Simulators.
Next course dates: 4th March, 7th May 2024