Higher specialty training in Emergency Medicine now requires competence in the four CORE (previously Ultrasound Level 1) clinical applications of Emergency Ultrasound: focused assessment with sonography in trauma (FAST), assessment of the abdominal aorta for Aneurysm (AAA) focused echocardiography in life support (ELS) and ultrasound guided vascular access (VA).
CORE (Level 1) Emergency Ultrasound Course (UK):
Dates: 30th January 2018, 15th February 2018, 17th February 2018
Timings: Courses will start at 9am and will finish around 5pm
Venue: Unit 42, St Olav's Court, 25 Lower Road, Canada Water, London, SE16 2XB
Course Leads: Ian Stell
Our very popular one day Emergency Ultrasound course addresses the knowledge and practical skills recommended by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine as necessary to achieve competency in the four CORE (level 1) clinical applications of Emergency Ultrasound (see above). It also covers the mandatory components of ultrasound physics and good governance.
The day includes lectures on the physics of ultrasound, practical aspects of point of care ultrasound and good governance as well as on each of the core applications - FAST, AAA, ELS and vascular access. You will then get lots of hands on scanning practice in each of the CORE applications on normal and pathological subjects. A simulator is used to teach ultrasound guided central venous access. Our faculty of ED consultants have extensive experience in using ultrasound in the Emergency Department. Teaching in small groups they will guide you through your scans, offer useful tips on gaining the best image, and advice on maintaining your logbook beyond the course.
Feedback from our recent ultrasound courses
“I was really excited about this course and I was not disappointed.”
“Really useful. I definitely feel more confident.”
“Really knowledgeable and patient instructors.”
“Excellent course. Very hands on and lots of practice.”
“Wish I had done it sooner.”
“Nice to get the chance to scan patients with pathology.”
“Very very useful thanks”
By booking onto one of our courses, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All course materials, examination practice papers and videos are the intellectual property of Bromley Emergency Courses. By booking onto a course, or purchasing materials on the website, delegates acknowledge this and agree not to copy or distribute these materials.
- Bromley Emergency Courses reserves the right to make minor alterations to the programme, speakers, or venue of any of our courses.
- Should a course be cancelled for any reason, we shall endeavour to reschedule or refund the cost of the course in full.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing more than four weeks before a course will be refunded in full, less a 10% administration fee.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing between two and four weeks before a course will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing less than two weeks before a course will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, for any reason, a delegate should not feel happy with the quality of a course, or something should happen during a course, which is outside of Bromley Emergency Courses' control, that affects the quality of a course, the delegate will not be entitled to a refund.
- Bromley Emergency Courses does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of a delegate's property/personal effects whilst on a course.