FRCEM Intermediate SAQ Course
Our FRCEM Intermediate Course follows the new exam structure and curriculum valid from August 2016 (changes in the MRCEM/FRCEM exam structure). We also have a full range of online materials. Click here for our blog and/or click on tabs below for more information.
FRCEM Intermediate Course (London, UK):
15th - 16th August and 5th - 6th September 2018
Timings: The course will start at 9am and will finish around 6pm
Venue: Unit 42, St Olav's Court, 25 Lower Road, Canada Water, London, SE16 2XB
Course Lead: Dr Ian Stell
The FRCEM Intermediate Certificate Short Answer Question (SAQ) Paper is intended to test a candidate's application of Emergency Medicine knowledge. This is done through practice SAQ questions covering the breadth of Emergency Medicine practice as outlined in the 2015 RCEM Emergency Medicine Curriculum. Questions will carry three marks each and likely require the interpretation of clinical cases and accompanying clinical data such as ECGs, blood test results, clinical pictures, X-rays and CT scans. Answering the questions will require a thorough familiarity with the presentation and management of emergency cases - adult, paediatric, medicine, surgery and trauma - as well as anesthetics, intensive care medicine, practical procedures and the common competencies.
Our intensive two day FRCEM Intermediate SAQ Course will take you through the required knowledge for the Intermediate SAQ paper in a series of lectures given by our experienced faculty of Emergency Physicians and using a large number of practice exam questions. There will be a focus on teaching those topics most important for the exam itself and on up-to-date clinical guidelines in use in the UK.
To help candidates prepare for the FRCEM Intermediate SAQ Exam we offer a series of pre-recorded lectures on key exam topics and which include practice questions in the new single best answer question (SBAQ) format. These can be viewed online in your own homes and at your own pace and may be particularly useful for candidates who cannot attend a face to face FRCEM Intermediate course. The online lectures available have been recorded by our experienced faculty and closely follow the RCEM advice on exam content and the RCEM Emergency Medicine Curriculum. View available FRCEM Intermediate webinar recordings here.
Advantages of our online FRCEM Intermediate lectures include:
- Wider coverage of the curriculum than is possible on a face to face course
- Study in your own time and at your own pace
- Rewind and replay the recordings as many time as you want
- Streamed to your own computer or device wherever you are
- Revision notes are encouraged
The structure that we have followed in the FRCEM intermediate webinars is to start with typical FRCEM Intermediate style questions which we encourage candidates to stop and answer before proceeding. This is then followed by detailed teaching on the relevant part of the curriculum focusing particularly on difficult areas and those areas which we know are popular examination subjects.
Each FRCEM Intermediate webinar is an hour long (or longer). You can access them individually (£10/lecture) to help with specific areas of revision or access the whole package. The full package will grow as more webinars are added. Purchased FRCEM Intermediate webinars will be available to view as many times as you like for 6 months from the time of purchase. If you wish to extend access beyond 6 months until you sit your FRCEM intermediate exam just contact us and we will be pleased to help.
Paediatrics 1 - 5
Toxicology 1 and 2
Respiratory 1 and 2
Trauma 1 - 3
Chest Pain and Palpitations
Procedures 1 and 2
- Paediatrics 1
- Paediatrics 2
- Paediatrics 3
- Paediatrics 4
- Paediatrics 5
- Toxicology 1
- Toxicology 2
- Respiratory 1
- Respiratory 2
- Trauma 1
- Trauma 2
- Trauma 3
- Chest Pain and Palpitations
- Common Competencies
- Procedures 1
- Procedures 2
FRCEM Intermediate Webinar Package
By booking onto one of our courses, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All course materials, examination practice papers and videos are the intellectual property of Bromley Emergency Courses. By booking onto a course, or purchasing materials on the website, delegates acknowledge this and agree not to copy or distribute these materials.
- Bromley Emergency Courses reserves the right to make minor alterations to the programme, speakers, or venue of any of our courses.
- Should a course be cancelled for any reason, we shall endeavour to reschedule or refund the cost of the course in full.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing more than four weeks before a course will be refunded in full, less a 10% administration fee.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing between two and four weeks before a course will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing less than two weeks before a course will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, for any reason, a delegate should not feel happy with the quality of a course, or something should happen during a course, which is outside of Bromley Emergency Courses' control, that affects the quality of a course, the delegate will not be entitled to a refund.
- Bromley Emergency Courses does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of a delegate's property/personal effects whilst on a course.