ECHO Guided Resuscitation Course
Venue: Unit 42 St Olav’s Court, 25 Lower Road, Canada Water, London, SE16 2XB
Course Times: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Course Fee: £350
This one-day course is aimed at doctors in critical care, emergency and acute medicine. It aims to deliver focussed training in ECHO and thoracic ultrasound to be applied in critically ill and arrested patients. The course aims to teach an evidence-based approach to resuscitative ultrasound.
What we cover during the course:
- Echo assessment of ventricular function
- Ultrasound assessment in shock
- Thoracic ultrasound for acute dyspnoea
- Focussed echo in cardiac arrest
Who should take this course:
The course is designed for doctors in Emergency, Acute and Intensive Care Medicine with a particular focus on the assessment of critically ill and arrested patients in the Emergency Department. Some experience in ultrasound is required (able to achieve basic echo views).
Why take our course:
- Short lectures
- Small workshop group sizes
- Expert faculty
- State of the art point-of-care ultrasound machines including:
- GE Venue and Venue Go
- Butterfly iQ handheld device
- HeartWorks echo simulator (Intelligent Ultrasound)
The combination of extended workshops with small group sizes aims to maximise scanning time throughout the course. The simulator will provide an opportunity to scan ‘patients’ with demonstrable pathology relevant to the course.