EBEEM Part B
EBEEM Part B Course (Munich):
Next course dates: TBA.
Course leads: Dr Thomas Obermaier, Dr Ian Stell
The EBEEM Part B examination is a practical examination based around Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) and clinical vivas. We at Bromley Emergency Courses understand that many emergency doctors from around Europe and elsewhere are unfamiliar with the OSCE and viva style of examination, making the EBEEM Part B a particularly difficult exam for them to pass. For over ten years, the faculty of Bromley Emergency Courses have been training doctors from all around the world in how to succeed in OSCE based examinations. We have now brought this experience to the EBEEM and will be delivering a two full day EBEEM Part B exam preparation course in Munich, Germany in October 2016 (dates and venue to be finalised).
On our intensive two day EBEEM Part B course you will be taught the generic approach to the different types of OSCE, receive lectures of the skills and behaviors required to succeed and participate in lots of OSCE and viva practice, both in small groups and individually. Topics covered include history taking and examination, managing mock emergency scenarios as well as trauma and life support moulages in adults and children. Throughout there is a strong emphasis on communications skills and the soft skills required - in addition to knowledge - to pass the exam.
You will be taught by a faculty of practicing senior Emergency Department physicians from across Europe who have either passed the EBEEM themselves or who have many years’ experience of OSCE exam training.
Introduction to the course
Lecture: Exam overview/OSCE basics
- Paediatric life support
- Adult emergencies
- Trauma moulage
Lecture: Procedures stations
Lecture: Examinations stations
Group OSCE practice I
OSCE skills workshops:
- Communications skills
- History taking
Lecture: OSCE skills and behaviours
Group OSCE practice II
- Clinical viva stations
- Examinations stations
Questions and answers
Individual Mock Part B exam
- Mock OSCE circuit
- Mock viva's
Lunch and refreshments are provided and included in the course fee.
The course is accompanied by a course handbook and access to a series of videos which you can access after the course demonstrating sound OSCE and VIVA technique as a refresher right up to the exam.
For more information on our EBEEM courses please do not hesitate to contact us.
Feedback from EBEEM Part B course in Munich May 2016
"very useful course, gave me many learning points"
"exceptional [communications skills workshop]"
"[course manual] with topics covered in EBEEM and each with marksheet"
Terms & Conditions
By booking onto one of our courses, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All course materials, examination practice papers and videos are the intellectual property of Bromley Emergency Courses. By booking onto a course, or purchasing materials on the website, delegates acknowledge this and agree not to copy or distribute these materials.
- Bromley Emergency Courses reserves the right to make minor alterations to the programme, speakers, or venue of any of our courses.
- Should a course be cancelled for any reason, we shall endeavour to reschedule and will refund the cost of the course in full.
- Delegates making a cancellation more than six weeks before a course will be refunded in full, less a 10% administration fee.
- Delegates making a cancellation between two and six weeks before a course will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- Delegates making a cancellation less than two weeks before a course will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, for any reason, a delegate should not feel happy with the quality of a course, or something should happen during a course, which is outside of Bromley Emergency Courses' control, that affects the quality of a course, the delegate will not be entitled to a refund.
- Bromley Emergency Courses does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of a delegate's property/personal effects whilst on a course.