Dubai MRCEM Training
Thank you to everyone for helping make our 2016 Dubai FRCEM/MRCEM and Level 1 Emergency Ultrasound Courses such a great success. We hope to return to Dubai later in 2018 to run our FRCEM/MRCEM Courses.
MRCEM Part C/OSCE Course:
Course leads: Dr Mathew Hall and Dr Ian Stell
There is no doubt that the MCEM Part C/OSCE examination is a tough exam. According to the College about 70% of UK trainees pass the exam, while only about 25% of non-trainees pass. Good communications and other 'soft' skill are of paramount importance, but often overlooked and the cause of failure. As a result the exam is particularly challenging for those lacking a training in communication skills as expected for UK practice, and those who are not familiar with OSCE style examinations.
Following from our 10 yrs experience running highly regarded MRCEM PartC courses in the UK and internationally, our new two day MRCEM PartC/OSCE course provides candidates with even more OSCE teaching and practice in preparation for the real exam. A focus throughout on good communication and improving the candidates 'soft skills' further increase chances of success. You wil be taught by our highly experienced faculty, all practicing Emergency Medicine Senior Registrars or Consultants with a track record of OSCE or simulation training.
Introduction to the course
Lecture: Exam overview/OSCE basics
- Paediatric life support
- Adult emergencies
- Trauma moulage
Lecture: Procedures stations
Lecture: Examinations stations
Group OSCE practice I
- Communications skills
- History taking
Lecture: OSCE skills and behaviours
Group OSCE practice II
Common OSCE workshops:
- Teaching a junior
- Psychiatric OSCEs
Individual Mock OSCE circuit (with feedback)
Soft skills workshops:
- Management OSCEs
- Maximising your marks
Our MRCEM Part C/OSCE course also includes:
- Comprehensive 150 page course manual. A textbook in itself, the course manual covers all the major types of OSCE encountered with numerous examples and marksheets.
- Six month access to our full set of over 80 Part C/OSCE training videos beginning from when you register on the course.
Course leads: Dr George Nada and Dr Firas Abou-Auda.
Based on the IFEM ultrasound curriculum, the Emirates Society of Emergency Medicine (ESEM) recognises the following core (basic) applications of Point-of-Care Emergency Ultrasound in the Emergency Ultrasound Section of their curriculum (click here to view ESEM ultrasound curriculum). These are very similar to the UK Level 1 ultrasound competencies required of UK EM trainees and include:
- Good governance
- Introduction to ultrasound physics and knobology
- Extended Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (EFAST)
- Evaluation of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Evaluation of Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT)
- Soft-tissue/musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Procedure guidance: central vascular access
Our 1 day Core Applications in Emergency Ultrasound course addresses all of the knowledge and practical skills recommended by IFEM, ESEM and the RCEM as necessary to achieve competency in basic (level 1) Emergency Ultrasound. The day includes lectures on the theoretical and practical aspects of ultrasound, lots of teaching and scanning practice on model patients and the use of use of central venous access simulators. Our faculty of ED consultants have extensive experience in using ultrasound in the Emergency Department. Teaching in small groups they will guide you through your scans, offer useful tips on gaining the best image, and also give advice on maintaining your logbook beyond the course.
By booking onto one of our courses, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All course materials, examination practice papers and videos are the intellectual property of Bromley Emergency Courses. By booking onto a course, or purchasing materials on the website, delegates acknowledge this and agree not to copy or distribute these materials.
- Bromley Emergency Courses reserves the right to make minor alterations to the programme, speakers, or venue of any of our courses.
- Should a course be cancelled for any reason, we shall endeavour to reschedule or refund the cost of the course in full.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing more than four weeks before a course will be refunded in full, less a 10% administration fee.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing between two and four weeks before a course will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- Delegates making a cancellation in writing less than two weeks before a course will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, for any reason, a delegate should not feel happy with the quality of a course, or something should happen during a course, which is outside of Bromley Emergency Courses' control, that affects the quality of a course, the delegate will not be entitled to a refund.
- Bromley Emergency Courses does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of a delegate's property/personal effects whilst on a course.